NOW HIRING PART-TIME TUTORS: Working with Tutoring Club has daily rewards!
Award-winning Tutoring Club is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We have immediate openings for the following part-time positions: reading specialist, interventionist, and tutors for all subjects and ages, especially SAT/ACT prep and/or all high school math and science courses. These positions will be in-person in our learning center. Please do not apply if you are unable to make this commute. And don’t worry! We are following strict health guidelines to ensure your safety and that of our students and staff.
Join our local team and help students of all skill levels reach their full potential. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional who demonstrates solid proficiency in teaching and coaching students, written and verbal communication, and building relationships. For the right person, this will be a super fun role and the ideal opportunity, working with a stable and gratifying company that is making an impact in its community and helping shape future generations. Tutoring Club is a fun company because we hire fun individuals. Your journey does not have to stop at tutoring: there is unlimited potential for growth within Tutoring Club!
You’re good at:
- Coaching and guiding students to meet their academic goals
- Tutoring multiple subjects and tutoring to all ages effectively (but it’s okay if you can’t tutor all subjects to all ages – if you can, we’ve found another unicorn!)
- Strengthening students’ study habits and identifying how each student learns best
- Motivating students who need that extra oomph
- Helping students manage their academic anxiety and perfectionism
- Working with up to three students at a time
- Being engaging, nimble, and professional
- Keeping detailed records of tutoring sessions
- Navigating the internet, software, and technology
- Attending team meetings and TC social outings
- The ability to make at least a year’s commitment (our students depend on it!)
- Access to reliable transportation so you arrive on time
- A Bachelor’s degree or are an exceptionally strong undergraduate student
- Prior tutoring experience and thorough content knowledge
- A passion for our mission and our students’ success
- A <3 of working in a team atmosphere that celebrates the success of our students
- The ability to tutor all (or almost all) high school sciences AND math, including AP/IB levels
- Test prep tutoring experience: SAT / ACT / PSAT / AP / IB / SOL / SSAT / ISEE / HSPT
- Orton Gillingham or other literacy program experience
- The ability to ALSO tutor Latin, French, AP Spanish, or AP Econ
- Teaching experience or degree
- Experience with learning differences, including executive functioning weaknesses
- The desire to grow with Tutoring Club!
You can work:
- At least two, 3+ hour shifts per week, but the more the better (and weekend availability is awesome, too!)
- School year shifts that occur: Monday 11am-9pm; Tuesday-Friday 3pm-9pm; Saturday 9am-3pm; Sunday (coming soon)
- Summer shifts that occur: Monday-Friday 9am-8pm; Saturdays 9am-3pm
- A consistent and reliable work schedule
- A base salary commensurate with experience and performance-based pay raises
- Paid initial and ongoing training, mentoring, and professional development
- Advancement opportunities and high growth potential for top performers
- Family discounts
- The opportunity for you to focus on teaching and coaching – not driving from home to home, creating your own lesson plans, or finding and billing your own students
- A comfortable physical workspace and a supportive, exciting, fun, and very rewarding work environment
- Countless health and safety protocols to help keep our community and TC family safe
At Tutoring Club, we teach students how to learn, and we believe that educators are mentors. Our team works closely with students to provide individualized support. We cultivate a positive, welcoming environment where we prepare students to thrive in any academic setting. Only Tutoring Club offers the commitment to long-term academic success that builds lasting confidence and brings out the best in every student. To learn more about Tutoring Club, please visit www.TutoringClub.com
To apply, please email us at C[email protected] Qualified applicants only, please. Please no phone calls. Due to the volume of applications, we regrettably cannot respond to every resume. Tutoring Club is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.